…for the María de Ágreda Community Mural will be held Saturday, January 26th at 12 Noon at Mountain Arts on Broadway, 122 Broadway, Mountainair.
Artists and members of the community interested in volunteering and participating in the construction of the mural should attend. This meeting is hosted by the Manzano Mountain Art Council and St. Vincent de Paul Society with participation of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument and the Mountainair Chamber of Commerce. Short presentations will be given by Eva Pereira, Tomas Wolff, Glen Fulfer, Marc LeFrancois and others.
More about Sor María de Ágreda ("dama azul")
|The Convent of the Conceptionists in Ágreda |
founded by Venerable María de Jesús
- Article by by Richard Flint and Shirley Cushing Flint, Office of the New Mexico State Historian website
- Wikipedia article (more pictures, bibliography and some details not included in Flint article above, which focuses primarily on her significance in NM history)
- Maria of Agreda: Mystical Lady in Blue by Marilyn H Fedewa, UNM Press
- English translation Sor María de Jesus de Ágreda's Mística Ciudad de Dios, is available online (and abridged audio), also available online in Spanish.'
- María de Jesús de Ágreda | Official home page of her abbey in Spain (English and Spanish)
- Maria de Agreda delegation from Spain visits UNM
For more information on the community mural, call Tomás Wolff at 505-847-2444.